Acworth, Georgia Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Every year, thousands of people are injured in motorcycle accidents in the U.S. Motorcycle injury victims face unique challenges in the aftermath of a crash. Victims and families may struggle to pay medical expenses or afford rehabilitation costs. Individuals may need to miss time from work while they recover, which can make it difficult for families to make ends meet. Motorcycle accidents can result in serious and life-altering injuries, from traumatic brain injury to spinal cord injury. These injuries can result in immense pain and suffering, interfere with a person’s regular life activities, and impact all aspects of family life.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a motorcycle accident in Acworth, Georgia, you may have certain rights under the law. You may be entitled to seek damages to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Amanda Hall Injury Law are motorcycle accident lawyers in Acworth, Georgia who work with victims and families to help them seek justice in the aftermath of a crash. You and your family may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Contact our firm today to seek justice.
Common Motorcycle Injuries in Acworth, Georgia
Motorcycle accidents can be very serious. While there are certainly steps that riders and other drivers can take to prevent these crashes, when accidents occur, victims can suffer serious and life-altering injuries. According to the Annals of Emergency Medicine, non-helmeted motorcycle riders were three times more likely to die than riders who were wearing a helmet. Among the riders who survived their accident with injuries, 22% suffered head, neck, or spinal cord injuries. These injuries can impact a person for life and they can be incredibly costly. What are some common motorcycle injuries? How much do these injuries cost victims and their families? And what can you expect if your loved one has suffered a serious motorcycle injury?
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis. Paralysis can impact a person for the rest of their life, affect their mobility, and require accommodations and long-term rehabilitation. Individuals can suffer spinal cord injuries after head trauma or when a person’s back is injured in a motorcycle accident. Individuals who suffer from paralysis may suffer from secondary medical conditions or depression. Spinal cord injury can be incredibly costly for victims and families. In addition to the teams of rehabilitation specialists that individuals will need, families may also need to purchase mobility equipment and make renovations to their home. According to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, the average yearly cost of living with paralysis ranges from $181,891 to $42,206. However, the costs that families might face in the first year after an injury can be much higher. The costs of spinal cord injury can be as high as $1 million in the first year alone. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury after a motorcycle accident, you may be facing major lifestyle changes. You may wonder how you’ll pay for medical costs, and rehabilitation services. Fortunately, you and your family may be entitled to seek compensation from insurance companies and from negligent parties. Amanda Hall Injury Law are motorcycle accident attorneys in Acworth, Georgia who work with victims and their families to help them seek the damages they may be entitled to receive under the law.
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury can be mild or severe and it can impact all aspects of a person’s life. According to the Mayo Clinic, the symptoms of traumatic brain injury include headache, nausea, fatigue, problems speaking, problems sleeping, memory problems, dizziness, sensory changes, mood changes, depression or anxiety, and mobility issues. Traumatic brain injury, even when it is mild, can interfere with a person’s ability to function—from a person’s ability to work to their ability to enjoy everyday activities. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the cost of traumatic brain injury is estimated to be $76.5 billion in total medical costs and lost productivity. Not all kinds of traumatic brain injury are immediately diagnosed. Some kinds of mild traumatic brain injury may not be identified by medical personnel until many days or weeks have passed. If you or a loved one were hurt in a motorcycle accident in Acworth, Georgia, it is important to seek qualified medical care. A motorcycle accident lawyer, like Amanda Hall Injury Law in Acworth, Georgia can also help you seek damages for your medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, and lost wages.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. The aftermath of a motorcycle accident can have an immense emotional impact on victims and families. If you or a loved one was hurt in a motorcycle accident, it is important to consider the potential impact of post-traumatic stress disorder. Victims might experience problems sleeping, changes in mood, depression, and may also have trouble engaging in prior life activities as a result of the accident. Victims should seek proper medical care in order to heal. However, some insurance providers may not always cover the medical treatment required. If you and your loved ones are struggling to pay for proper rehabilitation care after suffering traumatic brain injury, consider reaching out to Amanda Hall Injury Law, motorcycle accident attorneys in Acworth, Georgia.
- Road rash. If you fell off your bike and slid across the road, you could also suffer road rash after a motorcycle accident. Any exposed skin can be at risk of suffering from road rash. Road rash is not just a skin burn. It can be very serious. Individuals can experience nerve damage, muscle damage, or other problems as a result of serious road rash injuries. Wearing leather clothing and proper protective gear while riding your motorcycle can protect you from road rash, but protective gear can only do so much. If you or a loved one suffered road rash in a motorcycle accident, contact Amanda Hall Injury Law in Acworth, Georgia today.
- Arm injuries. When riders are thrown from their bikes, they may put their arms out to absorb the impact. This can be dangerous because at high speeds, the arms simply cannot absorb the impact associated with a car accident.
- Leg injuries. The Centers for Disease Control found that 30% of non-fatal motorcycle accidents resulted in injuries to riders’ legs and feet. Individuals can suffer broken bones or even amputations in the event of a serious accident.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to seek damages for your losses and injuries. Amanda Hall Injury Law are Acworth, Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers who work with victims and families. Our firm is familiar with the serious injuries motorcycle riders can suffer and we can work with your family to help you seek compensation for your losses.
Protect Your Rights
In the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, you may have many questions. If your accident was the result of another person’s negligence or neglect, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your losses under the law. Amanda Hall Injury Law are motorcycle accident attorneys in Acworth, Georgia who can help you and your family seek justice after a crash. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Reach out to our firm today to protect your rights and seek justice.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!