Canton, Georgia Car Accident Lawyers
According to the Centers for Disease Control, car accident deaths cost citizens in Georgia an estimated $1.63 billion in lost work and medical expenses. These figures don’t begin to account for the costs associated with car accident injuries in Georgia. Injuries can result in long-term disability, which can lead to high long-term medical and rehabilitation costs. These expenses don’t even begin to account for lost productivity. While Canton, Georgia is a small town, some of its residents may commute to Atlanta’s metropolitan areas. With long commutes come greater risks for car accidents. As the greater Atlanta region grows in population, so does the traffic on the region’s roads. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Canton, Georgia, you may be facing a range of new challenges. You may have had to miss time from work to recover from your injuries. You may be facing high medical expenses due to your injuries. You may have also suffered as a result of your crash. Many families struggle to make ends meet after an accident. Sometimes families struggle on their own. Yet, you don’t have to suffer in silence. Amanda Hall Injury Law are Canton, Georgia car accident lawyers who work closely with victims and their families to help them seek the damages they may be entitled to receive for their losses.
Making an Insurance Claim After a Canton, Georgia Car Accident
There may be many stakeholders involved after your Canton, Georgia car accident—from the negligent party responsible for your crash, to the insurance company responsible for paying part, or all, of your settlement. When making an insurance claim after an accident in Canton, Georgia, there are several things you should keep in mind. These are:
- Understand that the first offer an adjuster makes may not be your best. The first settlement letter your insurance company sends may not be their best offer. Insurance companies may use special formulas or computer programs to estimate the value of your claim. This estimate may not be sufficient to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. If you believe that your settlement sounds low, you may want to speak to the qualified car accident lawyers at Amanda Hall Injury Law in Canton, Georgia. Our firm can estimate the value of your case, and negotiate with insurance adjusters to help you get the best possible claim under the law.
- Recognize that anything you say to adjusters can be used against your claim. Anything you say can be misconstrued or used to lower your claim. Rather than speaking to adjusters, ask that your adjuster correspond with you in writing. This way, if communications get confusing or if you disagree with your adjuster, you can show your exchanges to Amanda Hall Injury Law, your Canton, Georgia car accident lawyers.
- If you’ve been seriously injured or disabled in an accident, it may be wise to speak to a lawyer. The more serious your injury, the more you may be entitled to receive in damages. As these figures and estimates go up, your claim can become more complex. Consider reaching out to a qualified lawyer.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Canton, Georgia, it is important to report your accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. However, you should also take steps to protect yourself as you negotiate the claims process. Contact Amanda Hall Injury Law, car accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia today if you have questions about the insurance claim process.
DUI Accident Attorney in Canton, Georgia
One of the leading causes of car accident deaths across the U.S. and in Canton, Georgia are DUI accidents. According to the Centers for Disease Control, every day 28 people die due to car accidents involving impaired drivers. Annually, Americans lose close to $44 billion dollars due to drinking and driving. If you or a loved one was hurt due to the negligent actions of a drunk driver, you may have important rights under the law. You may be entitled to seek damages to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Drunk drivers may be held criminally liable for their actions if another person was hurt due to their behavior. However, many families may not be aware that they also have the right to pursue a lawsuit against these drivers. If you’ve been injured due to a drunk driver’s actions behind the wheel, contact Amanda Hall Injury Law in Canton, Georgia today. Our DUI accident attorney can help.
Causes of Car Accidents in Canton, Georgia
In addition to drunk driving, there are also many other causes of car accidents in Canton, Georgia. According to Stanford University’s Center for Internet and Society, over 90 percent of car accidents are the result of human error. Some accidents simply could not be prevented, while others could have been prevented had drivers taken small steps. What are some common causes of car accidents in Canton, Georgia?
- Distracted driving. Every year more drivers are killed or hurt because people fail to put down their cell phones while driving. Distracted driving includes texting, calling, checking maps, or changing music on your phone. Eating while driving or grooming while driving is also considered distracted driving.
- Speed kills. Researchers have found that when drivers exceed 25 miles per hour, pedestrians and bikers are more likely to die. If you or a loved one was hurt due to a speeding driver, contact Amanda Hall Injury Law, car accident lawyers in Canton, Georgia today.
- Breaking the rules of the road. Running red lights. Drunk driving. Running stop signs. Ignoring traffic signals. The rules of the road are in place to protect all drivers. When drivers break the law, innocent drivers can get hurt.
- Road rage or reckless driving. Anger and driving don’t mix. If another driver cuts you off and this action ends in an accident, you may be entitled to seek damages for your losses. Reckless driving includes any action that shows a disregard for others on the road. Drag racing, cutting off other drivers, or speeding can all be considered reckless driving.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a car accident in Canton, Georgia, consider speaking to Amanda Hall Injury Law today. Our car accident lawyers understand how devastating distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, and other road violations can be for innocent victims. Our DUI accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia are here to help.
Seek Justice Today
Whether you were hurt due to the actions of a drunk driver, or due to another driver’s negligence or neglect behind the wheel, you have rights after a car accident. Amanda Hall Injury Law understand how stressful a car accident can be for victims and families. Speak to our car accident lawyers in Canton, Georgia today. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Act today to seek justice and to protect your rights.