Canton, Georgia Truck Accident Lawyers
Amanda Hall Injury Law are Canton, Georgia truck accident attorneys who work closely with victims and families to help them seek the damages they may be entitled to receive under the law. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck accident, you may have many questions. You or your loved ones may be struggling to pay for medical expenses and rehabilitation costs. You may be struggling to make ends meet if you have had to miss time from work to recover from your injuries. Finally, you and your family may be struggling to adjust to life after an accident, especially if a loved one was seriously injured or disabled in a crash. Amanda Hall Injury Law are truck accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia who offer compassionate and caring assistance to victims and families in the aftermath of a truck accident. Truck companies are big business in America. According to Logistics Management, the truck industry grosses over $700 billion dollars a year. Truck companies have insurance adjusters, lawyers, and teams of advisors on their side to protect their interests and bottom lines. If you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident in Canton, Georgia, you need a qualified lawyer on your side. Contact Amanda Hall Injury Law today. We only get paid if you win.
Trucking Violations and Your Accident Claim in Canton, Georgia
Truck companies are required to abide by strict local and federal regulations. When truck companies or drivers break these laws, terrible accidents and injuries can occur. If you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident in Canton, Georgia, your truck accident lawyer will investigate your case and determine whether the truck violated the law. What are some common truck violations in Canton, Georgia?
- Truck drivers exceeding hours of service limits. Under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration rules, truck drivers and companies can only work 11 hour shifts. When drivers exceed these limits, they can be fatigued behind the wheel, putting other drivers and vehicles at risk. Federal hours of service compliance laws require drivers to keep regular logs. Unfortunately, some drivers determined to break the law falsify their logs. Amanda Hall Injury Law are truck accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia who understand the importance of drivers abiding by federal hours of service laws. When truck drivers break the law, innocent people can get hurt. Our firm can review truck driver’s logs, review shipping schedules and toll payments to ensure that they match with the driver’s stated hours behind the wheel, and hold drivers accountable when they violate the law.
- Overweighed trucks. The law regulates how heavy certain types of trucks can be. Overweight trucks pose a serious risk to other vehicles on the road. Overweight trucks can take longer to stop. Tires and brakes may be more likely to fail in an overweight truck. Trucks that carry too much weight can also tip over. If you were hurt in an accident due to an overweight truck, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Amanda Hall Injury Law are Canton, Georgia truck accident lawyers who can help.
- Failure to maintain the vehicle. Truck companies must perform regular maintenance on their vehicles. When truck companies fail to change tires or check brakes, these components can fail, leading to devastating accidents. There are regulations in place that govern how often trucks must be maintained. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, truck companies must keep regular maintenance reports on when vehicles were serviced. Your truck accident attorney in Canton, Georgia can review these reports to determine whether there may have been gaps in maintenance that could have affected your accident. When truck companies cut corners by failing to repair tires or by failing to check brakes, these components can fail. Drivers can lose control of their vehicles, putting others in danger on the road.
- Unfit driver. A driver can be unfit for many reasons. In some cases, the driver has a bad driving history in another state that the trucking company failed to note. In other cases, the driver may have failed to update his or her medical screening. Drivers may also sometimes take prescription drugs that can affect their alertness behind the wheel. Other drivers suffer from certain medical conditions that can make them a danger on the road. Finally, some drivers may abuse drugs and alcohol, leading to problems. A qualified truck accident lawyer in Canton, Georgia can review your driver’s record to determine whether the driver’s past actions, medical conditions, or prescription drug use may have played a role in your accident.
- Cell phone use. Distracted driving is deadly. Texting and driving kills thousands of people every year, and injures another hundred thousand people. Every year, more and more people die due to distracted drivers. Unfortunately, cell phone use continues to be a problem. Truck companies may have regulations governing cell phone use but drivers may still use their phones. Other companies may fail to have no-tolerance policies in place. If you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident in Canton, Georgia, contact Amanda Hall Injury Law today. Our firm understands how devastating texting and driving can be. We can help you seek justice for your injuries.
- Local Georgia laws. Amanda Hall Injury Law are aware of local Canton, Georgia ordinances and laws. Our firm can investigate your claim and accident to determine whether other factors may have played a role in your claim. If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, it helps to have a local truck accident lawyer on your side.
There are many potential violations a truck driver may have made. Because local and federal regulations are complex, a truck accident lawyer in Canton, Georgia can work on your side to identify any potential violations truck companies or drivers may have made. Amanda Hall Injury Law understand the unique challenges that victims face. We are here to fight for you.
Protect Your Rights After a Canton, Georgia Truck Accident
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck accident in Canton, Georgia, you may only have a limited amount of time to bring forth a claim under Georgia’s statute of limitations. Amanda Hall Injury Law understand the laws and regulations that truck drivers and companies must follow. If a truck company or driver’s negligence or neglect resulted in your injuries, you may be entitled to receive money to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You need a caring and compassionate lawyer on your side. Visit Amanda Hall Injury Law today.