Canton, Georgia Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The days and weeks after a motorcycle accident in Canton, Georgia are critical for victims and families. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim for your injuries after a crash. Motorcycle accident victims may be more likely to suffer serious injuries after an accident because motorcycles don’t have the protective chassis a car provides. If you or a loved one has been hurt on a motorcycle in Canton, Georgia, consider speaking to Amanda Hall Injury Law, motorcycle accident lawyers today. Our firm can review the facts of your case, estimate the value of your claim, review the extent of your injuries, and fight to help you receive the claim you may be entitled to under the law.
What is My Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth in Canton, Georgia?
There are many factors your motorcycle accident lawyer in Canton, Georgia will have to consider when estimating the value of your claim. Amanda Hall Injury Law will review your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages when estimating your claim. It can be helpful to understand the value of your claim when negotiating with insurance companies and negligent parties. What will your motorcycle accident lawyer consider when estimating the value of your claim?
- Medical Costs. Amanda Hall Injury Law will review your medical bills and expenses. Our firm will also review your medical diagnosis and injuries. Some injuries can be very serious and may require long-term rehabilitation or medical care. For example, spinal cord injury can cost victims and families hundreds of thousands of dollars in added medical and equipment expenses each year. Our firm will review your case, take a look at past medical expenses, and estimate future medical costs.
- Lost Wages. A serious motorcycle accident might take you out of work. Amanda Hall Injury Law will review your lost wages and also estimate future lost wages. If you have been disabled as a result of your accident, our firm may be able to seek more money to compensate you for your lost productivity and benefits.
- Pain and Suffering. If your motorcycle injury makes it impossible for you to get back on your motorcycle or makes it difficult for you to enjoy previous life activities, you may be entitled to seek damages for pain and suffering losses. Amanda Hall Injury Law are motorcycle accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia who can use special formulas to determine the value of your claim. The more serious and life-altering your injury, the more money you may be entitled to collect in pain and suffering damages.
- Negligence of the other party. You can only collect damages for your personal injury in Georgia if you are less than 50% at fault for the accident. Your damages will be reduced by the percentage of fault you hold in the crash. So, if the courts determine that you are 10% at fault for the crash, you will only be permitted to collect 90% of the damages owed to you. Amanda Hall Injury Law are motorcycle accident lawyers in Canton, Georgia who will take the time to understand what happened in your accident and fight to help you get the maximum claim permitted under the law. The percentage of fault the other driver may hold depends largely on the strength of the case you and your attorney present.
If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle crash, you may be entitled to seek damages for your injuries, property damage, lost wages, and for other losses. For example, while victims are entitled to seek damages for lost wages, victims who serve as caretakers for family members or children may not be paid a wage for these services. Nevertheless, these services have a value, and if you or your family has had to hire additional help due to a loved one’s injury, you may be able to collect damages for these additional losses. Amanda Hall Injury Law are motorcycle accident lawyers in Canton, Georgia who are here for you.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Canton, Georgia
There are many causes of motorcycle accidents in Canton, Georgia. Many accidents are the result of another driver’s negligence behind the wheel. However, some accidents occur due to poorly-maintained roads. In some instances, motorcyclists may be able to seek damages from construction crews and Canton government agencies, if road conditions are deemed to be a factor in the accident. Here are some causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Improperly trained riders
- Improper motorcycle maintenance
- Construction hazards
- Gravel on roadways
- Roadway debris
- Poor weather conditions (slick roads, icy roads, leaves)
- Uneven road surfaces (edge breaks, railroad crossings)
- Distracted driving
- Improper lane change
- Drivers breaking the law
- Lack of awareness among drivers for motorcyclists
All of these factors can play a role in a motorcycle accident. If you or a loved one was hurt in a crash due to these factors, consider reaching out to Amanda Hall Injury Law, motorcycle accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia today. We can help you seek justice when another person or party played a role in your motorcycle crash.
Seek Justice for Your Injuries Today
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating for victims and their families. Some of the injuries can result in life-long disability. Motorcycle injuries include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Arm and leg injuries
Unfortunately, in the aftermath of an accident, motorcycle riders may face bias from police or insurance companies. Police and insurance adjusters may wrongly view motorcyclists as “risk-taking” or “law-breaking.” The reality is that most motorcycle riders take extra pains to train themselves on riding safety. Motorcyclists may be among the most well-informed users of public roads. That said, bias may still exist.
Amanda Hall Injury Law are motorcycle accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia who understand the biases that motorcyclists might face. Our firm can speak to insurance adjusters and fight negligent parties to help you receive the compensation you may deserve under the law. If you’ve been hurt, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Contact Amanda Hall Injury Law today to protect your rights.