Marietta, Georgia Workers Compensation Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured on the job, you may have many questions and concerns. You and your family may be struggling to pay medical expenses and you may be struggling to make ends meet if you are not receiving a pay check during the time you’ve had to miss from work. Most Marietta, Georgia workers are covered by worker’s compensation. According to Georgia’s State Board of Worker’s Compensation, businesses with three or more employees are required to have Worker’s compensation insurance. If your employer is telling you that you are not covered, you can check your employer’s coverage here. Worker’s compensation is a kind of employer-provided insurance that covers workers for on-the-job injuries, lost wages, and other expenses related to workplace injury. Under the law, almost all Georgia employers are required to have worker’s compensation insurance. If you’ve been injured at work, it is important to make a claim with your employer’s Marietta, Georgia worker’s compensation insurance. However, sometimes employers may delay the claims process or tell workers that they are not covered by worker’s comp. If you are having difficulty making a worker’s compensation claim, consider reaching out to the work injury lawyer at Amanda Hall Injury Law in Marietta, Georgia. Our firm can review the circumstances of your accident, determine whether you are entitled to worker’s compensation coverage, or appeal a denied worker’s compensation claim.
Denied Worker’s Compensation Claim in Marietta, Georgia?
If your worker’s compensation claim is denied, you have the right to appeal the denial. Individuals’ whose claims have been denied have the right to a hearing before the State Board of Worker’s Compensation. In order to schedule a hearing, you must file Form WC-14 to make a claim and to protect your rights. You must file this form within one year after your accident. The appeals process can sometimes be stressful. Amanda Hall Injury Law are worker’s comp attorneys in Marietta, Georgia who work with individuals who have had their claims denied. If your claim has been denied and you need to file an appeal, we can help.
Why are worker’s comp claims denied? There are many reasons why worker’s comp might deny a claim. Here are a few:
- Your employer failed to report the accident or injury to their worker’s compensation insurance. Likewise, if you’ve been injured on the job, it is important that you notify your employer as soon as possible.
- You failed to see an appropriate medical care provider. If you want your worker’s compensation claim to be covered, you may be required to see your employer’s approved doctors or doctors listed under your Worker’s Compensation Managed Care Organization. Either your employer can provide a list of approved doctors or your employer must post and notify you of your managed care providers.
- The insurance claims prior medical conditions or other injuries are at play and denies your claim. Sometimes an on-the-job injury makes a former injury worse. Sometimes workplace situations can make your prior medical conditions worsen. This shouldn’t prevent you from making a worker’s compensation claim. However, insurers may try to limit their liability or claim that they have no liability if you have prior injuries or conditions. This is where it can help to have Amanda Hall Injury Law, qualified worker’s compensation attorneys in Marietta, Georgia on your side.
- Drug tests. If you fail a drug test or fail an alcohol test, your employer may try to claim that alcohol use or drug use contributed to your accident. Your claim could be denied in this case. A worker’s comp layer, like Amanda Hall Injury Law in Marietta, Georgia may be able to help you fight a denied claim.
- Your employer failed to carry worker’s compensation insurance. If your employer failed to take out worker’s compensation insurance as required by law, you may still have options when it comes to making a claim.
If you’ve been hurt on the job and your worker’s compensation claim is being denied, consider reaching out to Amanda Hall Injury Law in Marietta, Georgia. Our work injury attorneys are here for you. We can help you appeal a denied claim, fight an employer who is trying to deny you benefits, and help you get the recovery you may deserve under the law.
Leading Employers in Marietta, Georgia are Required to Have Worker’s Compensation
If you’ve been injured on the job in Marietta, Georgia, it is important to understand that Marietta’s leading employers are required to have worker’s compensation insurance. Some of the leading employers in Marietta, Georgia include medical providers, contractors, chemical companies, shipping companies, and farms. While many employers take steps to protect their workers on the job, sometimes accidents happen. Falls remain one of the biggest risks facing workers in the U.S. According to the Centers for Disease Control, construction workers faced the highest risk of workplace-related falls. Healthcare support workers, cleaning workers, transportation workers, and shippers also faced fall risks.
Medical providers can sometimes suffer slip and fall or repetitive strain injuries, contractors can suffer falls, slips, or injuries from large-scale equipment. Chemical workers face chemical exposure or burns. Delivery personnel face back or neck injuries, strains, sprains, slips, falls, or crushing injuries from shipping equipment. Farm workers face similar fall risks. Because these risks are present, employers are required to have worker’s compensation.
If you’ve been injured on the job in Marietta, Georgia, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses. If a loved one passed away on the job, relatives may also be entitled to seek compensation on behalf of a loved one. If you have questions about your worker’s compensation in Marietta, Georgia, consider speaking to the work injury lawyers at the Amanda Hall Law Firm today. Our firm understands how devastating workplace injuries can be. We can help victims and their families seek the recovery they may be entitled to receive under the law.
What is Covered Under Marietta Worker’s Compensation?
If you’ve been injured on the job, worker’s compensation may be able to cover most of your medical expenses, lost wages, and recovery expenses. What is covered? Here are a few bills that could be paid by worker’s compensation:
- Authorized doctor’s bills
- Hospital expenses
- Physical therapy
- Travel expenses
- Lost wages
- Wage differences (if you must take a lower paying job after your injury)
- Weekly pay to your family if you are killed on the job
If you are having trouble receiving any of these benefits, protect your rights. Reach out to Amanda Hall Injury Law, worker’s comp lawyers in Marietta, Georgia today. Our firm can help.